Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilPortailGalerieBoutiqueDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-40%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 pièces (induction, ...
59.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson

+7
Degenerate Fentoozler
Ade
naked32
Bl!nk
fitouf44
StateOfRock
Kaneda
11 participants
AuteurMessage
Kaneda
Barack Obama
Barack Obama
Kaneda

Masculin Cancer Chien
Chanson préférée : Toast and bananas
Vos loisirs : Basket, Photo, Jack, Sexe et lecture

Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Empty
MessageSujet: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyMer 25 Oct - 20:56

C'est dans Alternative Press, y a pas encore de scans mais on a déja l'article!

1. Lycantrope
Assesment: Wait a minute! Isn't this supposed to be an electronic band wiht a female singer? This is a kick-ass, almost Blink-esque tune.

Mark: I love the first line of the song, it says, "I wake up at the end of a long, dark, lonely year/it's bringing out the worst in me," And it just starts; theres no intro, no build up-it just goes.
[my little note: think he might be refering to the long ava intros?]

Travis: I think it's a great introduction. There isn't one song we could start with that would reveal what the whole record sounds like. This keeps you guessing about what will come.

2. Baby Come On
Assesment: Electronic drums and synths help thicken a slow build that pays off with hooky guitars and a definite bang.

Mark: We wrote this about half way through. I think this is a good indication of what (+44) is about: It's got rock guitars, amazing drum stuff and some electronic elements. I love the line that goes "The past is only the future with the lights on."

3. When Your Heart Stops Beating
Assesment: With huge drums and snotty, mid-range British-sounding Telecasters, the title track sounds like a blast to play live.

Mark: That song is kind of like a Sid and Nancy thing: like you love your lady and outside of that, fuck everything else. This is the last one we finished. And I think for all of us, this was the stand-out song on the album. Everyboby contributed. This is something we built together.

4.Little Death
Assesment: Previously considered for the title of the album, this track's moody, almost lo-fi vibe fits perfectly with Mark's most poetic lyrics on the album.

Mark: We recorded this song in Travis' basement, my dining room, Henson Studios and [Opera Music]. It went through a lot of changes. When we started it, it was very simple and sparse, but then we kept adding and adding to it... There's a line in the song "A little death amkes life more meaningful," which we all thought was a nice allegory to what we've been going through for this past year.

Travis: [It was the title track because it was] our favorite song until we wrote "When Your Heart Stops Beating." This still moves me, though.

5. 155
Assesment: Another high-energy rocker with so many layers, you have to listen a few times just to digest all of the Cure-esque guitars, synths and handclaps in the mix.

Travis: I've always wanted to do hand clpas in a rock song. Just producing hip-hop songs, they're in, like, every song. This song just felt good, like something that you'd clap your hands to.

6. Lillian
Assesment: With acoustic guitars over programmed drums, it's the kind of ballad that seems sweet, but has something sinister going on underneath.

Mark: I lived in a part of San Diego that one of the most beautiful places in the country, but its also one of the most evil, sickening places. People are just ugly to one another. And there's this really strict homeowners association that has all of these rules about what you can and can't do. And the woman who started it is named Lillian. So this song is about the ugly inside of people.

Travis: It sounds like the background music to a Star Wars movie. It's epic to me.

To Come Later: another song the albumwas named after; the purpose of Interlude; the whole No It Isn't story and what Chapter XIII is really about (it's pretty surprising).

7. Cliff Diving
Assesment: If you want some classic Blink, this is it. Pogo-happy pop-punk about embracing god times and good friends.

Mark: Growing up, we used to go over to my friend's house in the summer, jump off of his roof into the pool and call it "cliff diving." It was a release; it was summertime. We allmost called the album Cliff Diving becasue it's about embracing the unknown. So it's also about the past year, the break-up of Blink-182, the start of this new band and the positive things that have happened from an ugly, ugly situation.

8. Interlude
Assesment: This song represents what we thought this project would sound like : Spooky guitars, tip-hop drums and no vocals

Mark: That was one of the first songs. It was just something that we came up with in the basement that we thought was cool. We liked it as a musical break between "Cliff Diving" and "Weatherman," because "Cliff Diving" is such a positive, upbeat thing and "Weatherman" is the darkest song on the record.

9. Weatherman
Assesment: Yup, it's dark all right, with eerie keyboards, sad guitars and the most depressing lyrics we've ever heard from hoppus.

Mark: We had been talking about making this a really dark, dirty song. I was driving to Travis' house and the whole Blink thing, and I remember thinking of this line, "Just let me slip away, I'm barely holding on." That became the basis for the whole song, I love that we commit to it entirley, to make it so dark.

Travis: It has growling, fuzzy keyboards and crazy bass. The lyrics are saying that he's barely holding on, and the music is barely holding on, too.

10. No It Isn't
Assesment:
The demo of the beautiful break up song heard online explodes in its final version with thicker drums and a climatic finish

Mark: I know that there's speculation that we put out [this song] on Tom's birthday [December 13], but it wasn't planned like that. We finished our song and the label came down and heard it and everyone encouraged us to put the demo on our website, so we did. There was no masterplan to it. [I'm getting lazy and the rest of this and make you smile are boring so im not typing them]

12. Chapter 13
Assesment: If there is a "big" rock song on here, this is it.

Mark: Shane [Alexander] [I think they meant Gallagher, but maybe it was a different Shane] and I were talking about Chapter 13 from Dante's Inferno which is about suicide. I had this image in my head of a guy seeing a woman across a crowded room and in that instant, he knows exactly whats going to happen: He falls in love with her, goes crazy and kills huimself in a hotel room. Thats what this song is about. That a good way to end the album, huh?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.myspace.com/nyt666
StateOfRock
J'ai ecrit une chanson
J'ai ecrit une chanson
StateOfRock

Masculin Poissons Buffle
Chanson préférée : Beaucoup !!!!!
Vos loisirs : Music, auto, rock, Pub, Fiesta, Bowling, ciné...

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyMer 25 Oct - 20:59

Ca nous fait pas mal de lecture tout ca didonc! en plus de l'interview de Travis dans Ultimate Guitar ^^

Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon4
fitouf44
Visiteur n°
Visiteur n°
fitouf44

Masculin Scorpion Cheval
Chanson préférée : Lycanthrope, Chapter XIII, Obvious, Adam\'s Song, Stay together....
Vos loisirs : blink, rock, batterie, tennis, foot

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyMer 25 Oct - 21:13

mdr, mais yen a ils comprennent pas l'anglais...comme moi
Bl!nk
BOSS
BOSS
Bl!nk

Masculin Gémeaux Coq
Chanson préférée : Wendy Clear, The rock Show, Dick Lip, Toast and Banana, Wasting time
Vos loisirs : Guitare

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 0:35

Intéressant
Invité
Invité
Anonymous

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 0:37

il aime pas make you smile?
naked32
Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur
naked32

Féminin Taureau Cheval
Chanson préférée : so many

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 1:08

j'ai fais une traduc :

1. Lycantrope

Mark:
j'adore le premier vers de cette song, ça commence, sans intro, sans construction. c'est juste ça.

Travis: je pense que c'est une superbe introduction. Y'a pas une chanson avec laquelle on pouvais commencer qui révelerais comment l'album entier serait. ca te laisse te demander qu'est-ce qui va arriver.

2. Baby Come On

Mark: On l'a écrite à la moitier du chemin. Je pense que ça indique bien sur quoi est (+44) : Il y a de la guitar rock, des truc incroyable de batterie, et quelques élément électronique. j'adore la phrase qui di "le passé n'est que le future éclairé"

3. When Your Heart Stops Beating

Mark: cette song est une sorte de "sid and nancy thing" : t'aimes ta femme et en dehors de ça, tu te fous de tout. c'est la derniere qu'on a fini. Tout le monde y a contribué, c'est un truc qu'on a fait ensemble.

4.Little Death

Mark:on a beaucoup changé de place pour enregistrer cette song. (Travis' basement, my dining room, Henson Studios and [Opera Music) Quand on l'a commencé elle était super simple, mais ensuite on a fait que d'ajouter des choses. Y'a une phrase dans la song, "Une petite MortE donne du sens à la vie" on pensait tous que c'était une jolie Allegorie de ce que l'on a vécu cette année.

Travis: c'était le titre du cd puisque c'était notre chanson préféré jusqu'a qu'on écrive WYHSB. Mais ça me bouge toujours.

5. 155

Travis: j'ai toujours voulu faire du "hand clpas" dans une rock song. cette song donne bien.

6. Lillian

Mark: j'ai vécu dans une partie de S.D qui est un des plus beau lieu du pays, mais c'est aussi un des plus diabolique endroit. Les gens sont juste affreux entre eux. Et y'a ces strict association de types qui vivent là depuis le debut et pense que cet endroit leur appartiennent qui ont fait des règles sur ce que tu peux ou non faire. La femme qui a mis ça n point s'appelle Lilian. Alors cette song est sur la mechanceté à l'interieur des gens.

Travis: On dirais la music de fond de star wars

7. Cliff Diving

Mark: En grandissant, j'allais chez mon ami, pendant l'été sauter du toit dans la piscine et on appelé ça "cliff diving". On a presque appelé l'album cliff diving parceque c'est sur le fait d'embrasser l'inconnu. Donc c'est aussi sur cette année passée, le break-up de blink 182, le commencement de ce new groupe et les chose positives qui se sont produit d'un afrreuse, affreuse situation.

8. Interlude

Mark: C'est une des premiere songs. C'est juste un truc qui nous est venu et on a trouvé ça cool. On aime ça en tant que break entre cliff diving and weatherman parceque cilff diving est vraiment une song positive alors que weatherman est la song la plus sombre de l'album.

9. Weatherman

Mark:On en a discuter pour en faire une tres sombre et sale song. J'allais chez travis et le truc de blink, je me suis rapelé de cette phrase, "Just let me slip away, I'm barely holding on." C'est devenu la base ce toute la song.

Travis: Les paroles disent qu'il et presque entrain d'attendre, et la song l'est aussi.

10. No It Isn't

Mark: I know that there's speculation that we put out [this song] on Tom's birthday [December 13], but it wasn't planned like that. We finished our song and the label came down and heard it and everyone encouraged us to put the demo on our website, so we did. There was no masterplan to it. je sais qu'il y'a de la speculation comme quoi on l'a sorti le jour de l'anniversaire de tom. Mais c'était pas prévu ainsi. On a fini notre song et le label et venu et l'a entendu et tout le monde nous a encouragé à mettre la démo sur notre site. Alors on l'a fait. Y'avais pas de plan de guerrier deriere ça.

12. Chapter 13

Mark:
Shane et moi parlions de Chapter 13 de dante's Inferno qui est sur le suicide. j'avais cette image dans ma tete d'un type voyant une femme a travers une salle remplie et à cet instant, il sait exactement ce qui va se passer : il tombe amoureux d'elle, devient fou et se tue dans une chambre d'hotel. Voila de quoi parle la song. Bonne façon de finir l'album hein?
Kaneda
Barack Obama
Barack Obama
Kaneda

Masculin Cancer Chien
Chanson préférée : Toast and bananas
Vos loisirs : Basket, Photo, Jack, Sexe et lecture

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 1:25

super la traduction merci!!
http://www.myspace.com/nyt666
Bl!nk
BOSS
BOSS
Bl!nk

Masculin Gémeaux Coq
Chanson préférée : Wendy Clear, The rock Show, Dick Lip, Toast and Banana, Wasting time
Vos loisirs : Guitare

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 1:37

Merci naked
Ade
Dromadaire qui s'est cogné
Dromadaire qui s'est cogné
Ade

Féminin Taureau Singe

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 14:47

Thank you Naked =)
http://lesmots.skyblog.com
Degenerate Fentoozler
Je fais la 1ere partie de U2
Je fais la 1ere partie de U2
Degenerate Fentoozler

Féminin Capricorne Buffle
Chanson préférée : le bruit marron =O
Vos loisirs : les voyages thalasso avec mes copines aux caraibes avec ma decapotable tout terrain fashion.

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 15:11

pourquoi y a pas make your smile? Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon9
http://wastingtime.skyblog.com
*Stars and Straps*
J'ecris pour mon 2eme album
J'ecris pour mon 2eme album
*Stars and Straps*

Masculin Gémeaux Serpent
Chanson préférée : *** The Gift
Vos loisirs : La masturbation xD

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 18:27

Degenerate Fentoozler a écrit:
pourquoi y a pas make your smile? Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon9

raler c'est tout ce que tu s'est faire hein ? :stop

je plaisante .... Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson 10363307
http://www.angels-and-airwaves.zikforum.com
fender182
Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur
fender182

Masculin Sagittaire Cheval
Chanson préférée : The Adventure, Practice Makes Perfect, Alive!
Vos loisirs : Blue Sky, Love, and Music

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 18:54

Putain make you smile est surement la plus jolie chanson de l'album et on sait pas de quoi elle parle ni si la voix de Carol va rester ! Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon7
Http://www.myspace.com/ilikepoppunkbands
ZooMerang
Je fais la fete de la musique
Je fais la fete de la musique
ZooMerang

Gémeaux Coq

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 22:18

Moi j'ai pas compris ce que ça veux dire song dans la traduc!!!??? Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon_que
naked32
Membre d'honneur
Membre d'honneur
naked32

Féminin Taureau Cheval
Chanson préférée : so many

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptyJeu 26 Oct - 23:40

ZooMerang a écrit:
Moi j'ai pas compris ce que ça veux dire song dans la traduc!!!??? Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon_que

rah merde t'es nul Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Icon9 ça veut dire "chanson"

pour make you smile faut attendre le scan et arreter de se plaindre.
Mary-182
J'ai un petit fan club
J'ai un petit fan club
Mary-182

Féminin Lion Cheval
Chanson préférée : Toutes celles de blink
Vos loisirs : Musique !!

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson EmptySam 28 Oct - 11:15

naked a juste oublier decrire l trduction de cela :

[I'm getting lazy and the rest of this and make you smile are boring so im not typing them]

Je cmmence devenir paresseux et tout ce qui reste ansi que "make you smile" sont ennuyeux alors je ne vais les definir(les ecrire)

Voila, cest plus claire maintenant ?
http://www.myspace.com/the_c0olest
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson   Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson Empty

Mark et Travis commentent chaque chanson
Page 1 sur 1